Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Megan!!!

Sleepy birthday girl...
Today was Megan's 2nd birthday.  She woke up today early, as always!!!  She came out of her room and found her presents right away.  She quickly grabbed the Cinderella balloon and wanted to open the presents.  So we had to go wake up Jeremy and Caleb as well.  Both were happy to wake up since it was Megan's birthday and we were all excited to have her open her presents.  We got her a tricycle and some bubbles...Caleb got her Lemon Meringue doll (one of Strawberry Shortcake's friends).  She also got to open a couple more presents, one from my sister and her family as well as one from Jeremy's grandmother.  The rest of her gifts are on their way here...=) So, she'll have an extended birthday!!!






All day we were asking her how old she is...and she's finally started answering us by saying "2" in the cutest way...I'll to try and video it one of these days...

This evening we went on a picnic dinner at the park.  I wasn't sure what to do for dinner with her since she doesn't really care about restaurants and doesn't really have a favorite meal at home or anything.  So, since she loves being outside...I thought it would be nice to take a picnic dinner to the park where they have a pond with turtles in it.  It was a hit.  She loved it and so did her brother...of course Jeremy and I enjoyed it as well.  It was nice and peaceful and just nice to be there without anyone else around.




















We came back to our house and had cake and sang to her.  She loved every second of that as well...and tried singing along with us!!  She was excited that she actually got to blow the candles out too...since I'm normally telling her not to!!! =)  We had a fun day with our special birthday girl.

It's hard to imagine that it's already been 2 years...yet at the same time it seems like so long ago she was a little baby.  I can't imagine life without her...she's such a joy to us all...makes us laugh, smile, and keeps me on my toes!!! =) She's an adventurous little one.  There are no more babies in my house...part of me is sad...but the other part of me loves it...We have so much fun with both her and Caleb and now that they are 2 and 5, there's actually a lot of stuff we can do...We are very thankful for both our kids and are so blessed that God has given them to us.





Yes, she is eating her cake, well the frosting at least..

Happy Birthday, Megan!! We ALL love you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Megan! I love all the fun pictues! Great idea to visit the park! Can't wait 'till I get to see her again! Miss you all lots!