Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the latest happenings...

So much has happened since I last updated this blog. Our normal busyness has also included me painting my entire house and Caleb losing his first tooth.  We just signed another 2 year lease on our apartment here in Singapore, so with that I decided it was FINALLY time to paint!!!!  I've been wanting to do it for a long time, but wanted to be sure we were gonna be staying here before I got around to doing that.  So, within a few days I painted my entry area, living room, dining room, office, hallway and balcony.  The kids rooms were already painted previously so that didn't need to be done.  I still have my room to do, and will be doing that in a couple weeks I think.  There's nothing better than fresh paint.  As I was rolling over scuffs and marks on the walls, I was having a little party...it felt so good going over those marks!!! =) (still need to take pics of the new paint job!!)

Hanging on by a thread


Caleb also lost his tooth a few weeks ago, March 16th to be exact.  He wiggled that thing and pushed it with his tongue so much that it was just hanging there...only attached by a 'string'...I told him he better pull it out before he went to bed, or else he would swallow it, but he was convinced it was gonna hurt.  Finally, after a lot of talking and persuading, I got him to let me pull it.  It didn't take much at all and when I got it out, he was so excited!!!!  He agreed that it didn't hurt and then went to take a look at his new smile in the mirror...He laughed and thought it was so funny.  His other tooth was growing in behind it and it's now about half way up already.  He's getting so big and acting so old the last few months.  He's gonna be 6 in a couple months...it's such a crazy thought to think he's that old already.


Toothless, kinda...



Megan is talking non stop and trying to do everything her brother does.  She's got a little mind of her own and has some attitude at times that needs to be corrected, but she's such a sweetie.  She loves giving hugs and the way she does this is by holding her arms all the way out on either side and say, "HUG??" It's adorable.  She gives me hugs all day and kisses...she'll tell me, "Mommy, you're cute...You're cute, Mommy..."  She's also learning how to pray at night when we put her to bed and it's the most adorable thing.  I just wanna squeeze her and kiss her all night!!!  She prays for daddy, mommy, caleb and adds in the grandparents and whoever else we've talked to that day.  She'll thank Jesus for her dog (stuffed dog) and other toys as well.  I love the innocence and I know Jesus does too. =)





Jeremy and I are headed to Melbourne next week to go to the PlanetShakers conference.  We're really excited about it.  I've never been to Australia, so that will be fun and it will be nice to get away as well.  The kids are staying here with grandparents.  It's the first time they've stayed with them for so long...it's only been a night here and there other times, so a week will be interesting.  Not sure what I'm gonna do...from being with the kids 24/7 to nothing for a week.  I know i'll miss them like crazy, but it will be nice to have some time just with Jeremy as well.  I'm really looking forward to that part!!!


That's the update for now...I'm in the midst of starting another blog and I'll be posting all my diy, decorating projects on that one...I'll put an update on here when I have it up and ready.

Here's a few more pics...cause I have to show you my cute kids... =)




No comments: