Friday, March 4, 2011

Decorating frenzy

Yes, you read that right, I've been on a decorating/organizing/redoing/getting rid of frenzy lately. We were up in the air as far as if we were gonna be staying in this flat or moving to another, and thankfully, we are able to stay here for another couple years...so...this has gotten me going on all that I've been thinking of doing to our place.  We are about to paint, which I'm super excited about...then the owner bought new blinds for the windows, so we gotta put those up, and my whole kitchen is getting a redo...new cabinets, sink, stove, etc.  It's been needing a fix, the counter top by the sink is actually sinking in (tried to think of another word, but there isn't...haha) and it's been leaking underneath...so instead of just replacing the counter top, the owner has decided to redo the whole kitchen...So, I'm SUPER excited about that!!!!! That was very unexpected, but something I had hoped for!!!!  So, that should be happening in the next couple weeks.  I'll post before and after pics when it's done...

So, since I've been in this frenzy, i've gone through stuff like crazy and am trying to redecorate a bit and do some fun easy stuff.  When we were in the states the last time, in July, I found some awesome clearanced greens at my favorite store...TARGET!!!!!!! Oh how I wish they would come to Singapore!!!  I think they were like 28 cents per stalk...so i stocked up... (do you like my puns?? haha) I figured I could do something with them...and something I did...

They started out like this...


and I bent 2 of them around to look like this...


And this is where it landed...


Then with some others I cut the sprigs apart...spray painted these IKEA plant pots white...


and made my own little planted pot...



 I'm enjoying the extra greenery around my house, that doesn't even require watering!!!  Have a great day!!!

No comments: