Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall has arrived!!!




Fall is in the air!!! Ok, well maybe not in the air, here in Singapore. It's crazy hot as it is all year round..but it's October, so in my mind, it's fall. See, I live according to the calendar, not the weather!! For those of you that may not know, it's ALWAYS hot and humid in Singapore. We're practically on the equator, so it's just hot, hot, and then some more hot. Right now it's 8:30 at night and my weather app is telling me that it is 90 degrees!!



Anyway, back to my title of this blog!! Fall is here!!! In my house it's fall, meaning I've decorated!! I get excited to decorate for fall cause that means Christmas is on it's way, my favorite time of the year!! I don't have a lot of deco but I am having fun!! So I drink my coffee from my beautiful 'fall' Starbucks mug, enjoy my pumpkin smelling candle and spread faux leaves and pumpkins around my house.



Some people wonder why I even bother decorating for fall..especially Singaporeans. They probably think I'm slightly crazy..but it helps me. I do it for me. We've been here in Singapore for 9 years now (July 4, 2001) and I still miss home. Sure, I've gotten used to it here and I love it here..but I still miss the great Northwest. God has been so good to us and allowed us to go back to Seattle so many times since we moved, but at times it's still hard. I think it's the hardest for me around the holidays, cause I know it's supposed to be spent together with family. It's hard when the rest of my family is all together except me. Now, before you think I'm all depressed over here, I'm not. I'm so thankful that God brought us here and I'm happy. I really am...but there's always a part of me that misses my first home. So the decorating that I do helps my heart. Helps me feel like I'm not totally missing out on everything. So, no, I'm not crazy and I'm not living in denial, but I'm doing what I need to help my heart. So..happy fall everyone!!! I'm enjoying my own version of fall here in Singapore.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: