Thursday, October 23, 2008

Caleb's big day...

Well, last week Friday, Caleb had a big day. He woke up early, as usual and Jeremy got up with him and got him his milk. Jeremy sat out at the table and was reading his Bible. Caleb came over to him and started talking to him. Somehow they got on the subject of heaven and Caleb asked why Jesus died and everything. Jeremy explained it as best as he could to a 3 year old and Caleb told him that he wanted to go to heaven. So Jeremy prayed with Caleb and led him in prayer, asking Jesus into his heart. This all happened while I was trying to get a bit more sleep. Jeremy came back in our room soon after and said to me, "Well honey, Caleb just got saved!" I was still half asleep but was so excited. It was so cute. Later on that morning, I gave Caleb a bath and he was getting dressed and was putting on his current favorite pair of shorts. He was telling me how much he liked them and then asked, "Mommy, can I wear these shorts to heaven?" =) Is that not the cutest thing you've ever heard? I know he doesn't understand everything, but there's something going on in there and I'm excited for what God's already doing in my little boy. Jeremy and I were both saved at a young age as well (3 years for Jeremy and 4 years for me), so I believe this is the start of something amazing in Caleb's life. Just thought I'd share the great news with you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, Caleb! Jesus is amazing, just like your mommy and daddy have told you. He's the best. I'm so glad there's a way for us to get your updates,family. I love listening to your messages, Jeremy. I'll try out the others, too.
Charissa, we think of you so often and are confident that God's choice is the best day for Megan. Maybe you're at the dr. now!!!