Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Caleb...

Caleb is 4 years old now, as of a few days ago. He was so excited, he's been talking about his birthday for the last few months. A few days before the big day, as I was putting him to bed, I told him that he only had 2 days left to be 3 years old. He looked at me and said, "And then I'll be 4....so old...!!!!!" It was the way that he said it...he was totally serious. It was so cute and hilarious all at the same time.

We had a little birthday party for him with his friends the day before his real birthday. He had so much fun as did the kids. The more attention the better.


On Sunday, his actual birthday, he opened his presents from my family in the morning as well as the big one from Jeremy and I, which was a 2 wheel bicycle. He's been asking for one for quite awhile now.

Then we went to church and then out for a birthday lunch with Grandpa and Grandma Seaward. He got to open more gifts from them, including a helmet to go with his new bike.

Then on Monday, Jeremy's day off, we went to the Bird Park, which he's been wanting to do for a long time. It's like a zoo...but just birds. It was pretty fun and Caleb had a blast as did Megan.

I can't believe it's already been 4 years since I had Caleb, time just goes so fast. He's quite the big boy now and we're so proud of him. He amazes me with some of the things that he knows and cracks me up with stuff that he says. Then there are those random but not infrequent moments when he stops whatever he's doing and looks at me and says, "Mommy, I love you!!!" or "Mommy, you're the best mommy ever!!!" He just melts my heart. Being a mommy is the best thing in the world. I love my life!!!

No comments: